The iOS Simulator is very useful tool that you can use to test your application without using your actual iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, the iOS Simulator is located in the /Developer/Platforms/iPhone simulator. Platform/developer/application folder. Most of the time you don’t need to launch the iOS Simulator directly-running your application in Xcode automatically brings up the iOS Simulator. Xcode installs the applications on the iOS Simulator automatically.
Features of the iOS Simulator:-
- Screen rotation-left, right, top and upside down.
- Support for gestures:
Touch and Hold
- Low memory warning simulations
- Making phone calls
- Accessing the accelerometer
- Sending and receiving SMS messages
- Installing applications from the App Store